ILMiXor

ILM's 2005 collaborative mix project hoonja-doonja!

February 13, 2005

Belvedere Kane, "Never Felt As Good"

It's like: I'm pretty sure I can't actually recognise one single instrument used on this thing. I'm not really sure there actually are any - this is a record where pop becomes a physical thing, something chunky and neon you really could build nearly-four-minutes out of, sticking a hand in and pulling out plasticine studded with rubies. It's almost mathematical, ten seconds and everything before and throwing in yet another obvious stupid brilliant hook like those lasergun noises or using "kobold" as a verb or that bit where that Martian violin winds down before it kicks in or "I only took the bare essentials/ The things I'd really need/ My oldest Motown records and my Abba 'Hits' CD" or that little fluttery heartbeat before "Trees" in case you're bored or something or that electric angelchoir going "ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ahahaha, ahahahaha" or or or...

I know y'all know it already, but this is number one, y'know? That's what number ones do.

   
   Powered by Blogger
   Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com