ILMiXor

ILM's 2005 collaborative mix project hoonja-doonja!

February 25, 2005

Famous Monsters, "Destroy Puny Earthlings!"

I'm taking a little bit of a different perspective on the theme by thinking about actual extraplanetary music, not music that's outside our traditional English-or-colonized-by-them worldview, or missed chances at the Billboard charts. Mostly because all my african funk songs I had in mind sounded really weird next to that YMO song, and I couldn't bring myself to download any Hearts Of Space crap . Anyway, I'm flipping through my shared directory and the title of this song made me laugh in this context.

But hey! What if the aliens are kinda like us? What if they have cool alien girls in garage bands? What if they have 4/4 time? Hey, what if they didn't fuck it up and start charging 'gold circle' ticket prices at their bloated reunion show? What if they didn't have to partner with megacorps? OMG WHAT IF THERE WERE NO MEGACORPS?

What if music there was just as fun and free as fucking should be? And what if the aliens are all as hot as Brijette West and Sean Yseult?

If they found us they would surely destroy us.

   
   Powered by Blogger
   Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com