ILMiXor

ILM's 2005 collaborative mix project hoonja-doonja!

March 18, 2005

The Free Association, "Shanghai"

Every day when my roommate gets to work her co-worker asks her to tell a secret. They share childhood stories, work gossip, thoughts on time and place (2005, Seattle).

I'm waiting for the day I show up at their work and get asked. I'll probably have to admit it: "Come closer. This is a good one. Are you ready? Okay. The more a band rips off My Bloody Valentine, the more I like them. I know, I know, 99% of the time this kind of derivitiveness should not be applauded but, I don't know, I miss My Bloody Valentine so much, I miss that sound. And if a bunch of L.A. studio guys, soundtrack makers, is the closest approximation that we have in this time and this place, then I'll take it. The secret's out."

   
   Powered by Blogger
   Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com